Saturday, January 15, 2011

Yay for Standardized Testing!

Needless to say, I REALLY hate standardized tests.  They're completely useless because they're written by some random dude in a cubicle.  I took the praxis this morning (which by the way I had to drive to Ogden to take because they don't offer it at the U and had to be there at 7:30.  SOOOO early) and I was cruzin along kickin butt until I got to the last like 30% of the test.  Did you know music education majors have to know how to produce and edit music?  I sure didn't.  I defy you to go to any college and find a music education curriculum that includes music production.  Now I'm all stressed that I'm not going to pass.  Really?  30% of the test had nothing to do with my area of study?  REALLY?!  Thank you American Educational System.  Oh well. 

I finally got to conduct the other day at school.  About freakin time.  I don't want to toot my own horn, but I did a pretty darn good job.  I just wish I had more time in front of the class without feeling like I'm imposing on the teacher.  He does so much everyday it's ridiculous.  Hopefully after this next concert it will be better. 

Anyway, I guess I don't really have anything productive to say haha.  I seem to be complaining a lot lately.  Maybe I'll just quit life and become a carny.  Stefan has tiny girl hands, that's fun to look at right?

No comments:

Post a Comment